Jira Software is a suite of different products developed by Atlassian company. Originally Jira is an issue and defect tracking tool. However, its now evolved into an ecosystem that supports various kinds of use cases for the Software Teams.
They can be broadly classified into :
- Jira Software Cloud
- Jira Software Data Center
- Jira Core Server
Note that : Atlassian is moving to cloud future and the Atlassian Jira Server products may reach end-of-support in the future.
Jira Data Center
Jira data center can be deployed on major cloud platforms like AWS and Azure. Jira Data Center provides many benefits compared to Core Server. Jira data center for mission critical projects. Benefits of Jira Data Center are:
- Deployment flexibility on AWS/Azure
- Built-in Disaster Recovery
- Zero downtime upgrades
- SAML SSO(Single Sign-On) support
SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) is an XML based protocol to exchange authorization with an IdP ( Identity Provider )
Some of the Atlassian products are:
- Jira Software – Project and Issue Tracking
- Jira Work management – Jira Core cloud
- Jira Service Management – ITSM ( Information Technology Service Management)
- Confluence – Document Collaboration
- Bitbucket – Git Code management
- Jira Align – Agile planning
- Trello – Project management Tool
Jira Software is Project and Issue tracking Software. It provides Scrum and Kanban boards, Issue tracking, reports, customizable workflows and much more.
Jira Service Management
Jira Service Management is powerful ITSM software for high velocity teams. It is built for rapid service delivery. Track work through an open and collaborative platform.
Confluence is a document collaboration tool. Using this tool, software teams can bring all the project documentation into one place.
Jira Software Tutorials link on this website:
Jira Official Website
For more information on Jira Software: