In this guide, let’s go through the steps to setup Mobile Automation for android applications. The environment used in the guide is the Windows 10 operating system.MobileAutomationSetupGuide
Step: Install the Android Studio SDK
- Download latest Android Studio SDK latest from the URL https://developer.android.com/studio
- Locate the download and Install the android-studio-bundle windows application
- Check the Start Android Studio and click upon Finish button
2: Configure the Android Environment
- Create a new user variable with Name: ANROID_ HOME and value: Android Studio location
- Add location to the System Environmental Variable “Path” for example as
- Check the configuration is successful by executing the command.
- Check the Installation from SDK Manager. Install the packages accordingly.
Step: Appium Installation:
Down load the latest Appium from the followed link:http://appium.io/downloads.html
- Run the Appium Installer Application to Install the Appium Server.
Step: Setting up Emulator:
- Check the AVD Manager and SDK Manager. Click on the AVD Manager to Create and/or Start an Emulator
- Click on Start after selecting an Emulator
- Post starting the Emulator from AVD Manager the Emulator is displayed as follows :
Note: Starting the Emulator may be delayed based on the system configuration
- Wait till the Device booting is completed and Android home screen is displayed in the Emulator
- Check in the console if the device (Emulator) is listed by “ADB Devices” as follows :
Step: Mobile Automation Setup is complete. You can start developing automation code using Android Studio.