phpMyAdmin is a free open-source web database tool. phpMyAdmin is written in PHP language. The tools is intended to handle the administration tasks of MySQL database instance over the Internet. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL/MariaDB database.
Let’s look at some of the features of this database tool:
- phpMyAdmin tool provides web interface to perform database activities.
- View and Manage Database objects like tables, fields, views, etc.
- Execute single SQL statement or batch run multiple SQL queries.
- We can work with and manage multiple MYSQL databases with this tool.
- Easy Database server maintenance and configuration.
- Database data Import/Export.
- Customize the look and feel of the tool with Themes.
Sample demo tool interface. The sidebar tree consist of MySQL databases. We can choose a database from this navigation widget to work with the database.
Run SQL Query
To Run SQL queries from the web interface switch to SQL tab.
Select the database from the sidebar, enter the SQL command. Click on the Go button.
The cPanel Hosting environment comes in-built with the tool installed.
To explore more, visit the official website for more information:
PHP Tutorials on this website:
More Information on PHP