The Flowgorithm comment statement adds documentation to the flowchart. The flowchart interpreter ignores the comment statement. Comments are intended for the other programmers and readers to understand the flowchart/program logic.
The primary use of the comment symbol is to add descriptive text for other programmers to understand the flowchart logic.
The Flowgorithm comment symbol looks like a dotted rectangular box that tags itself to the flowchart control flow line as shown:
We can also use the comment symbol to add a program header comment that includes:
- Flowchart description
- Date of creation
- Change history
- Known issues, etc.
Add Comment Symbol
The steps to add the comment to the flowchart are as follows:
- Launch Flowgorithm Software.
- Open the flowchart.
- Right-click on the flowline to open the symbols pop window.
- Under the Miscellaneous section, choose and click on the Comment Symbol.
- The comment symbol would be added to the flowchart.
- Double-click on the comment symbol to edit.
- Enter the comment text in the textbox and click the OK button.
That’s it. The comment will be added to the flowchart.
We can add the comment to the flowchart before any flowchart symbol. As mentioned the Flowgorithm flowchart interpreter just ignores the comment statement.
Flowgorithm flowchart tutorials on this website:
For more information on the Flowgorithm tool, please visit the official website at: