In this tutorial, we will learn steps involved to Record Test Script with Selenium IDE tool. Let’s record a sample test using Selenium IDE.
Record Test Script
Selenium IDE 3.x
To start recording tests using the IDE, you need to create a project. To record a test in a brand new project choose the link: Record a new test in a new project.
Steps to create a project : https://www.testingdocs.com/create-a-new-project-in-selenium-ide/
Click on the REC start recording button as shown below:
Setup Project Base URL.
Enter project BASE URL and Click on the START RECORDING button.
Perform the actions on the web application. The tool will record the actions performed on the application.
After the action Stop the recording by clicking on the Red button.
Click on the Floppy disk icon to Save the Test. For example TestLinkLoginTest
We can see that the tool recorded the action performed in the Test window.
Selenium IDE 2.x
** This is old version and now deprecated and no longer valid**
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser that has the IDE installed on it. Open the base URL of the Application to record.
- Launch Selenium IDE. Click the Selenium IDE extension button.
- Click on the Recording button. Red color button. Perform the actions on the application as you are testing the application.
- Once you are done with the recording click on the stop recording button.
- Save the test case through the file menu.
- By default, it will be saved as a Selenese script HTML format.
Selenium IDE Tutorial page:
For More information on Selenium IDE: