Eclipse is a free and open-source Integrated Development Environment(IDE). It is best suited for Java development. In this tutorial, we will install Eclipse IDE on Ubuntu Linux machine.
Install Eclipse IDE
- Click on Show applications tab on the left bottom corner.
- Launch Ubuntu Software Marketplace.
- Search for the application keyword: Eclipse
- Click on the Eclipse search result.
- Click on the Install button to download and install the application.
Eclipse would download and install it on the Linux machine. It may take a while depending on your machine and network configuration.
Search for Eclipse in Ubuntu Software screen and click on the Eclipse application.
Choose a workspace and click on the Launch button to start the Eclipse.