In this post, we will look at the TestLink installation procedure on the Windows Platform. In this installation process, we will be using the in-built web installer (a step-by-step installation wizard). The web installer is the default and recommended method of installing TestLink.
TestLink is web-based test management and test execution system. It enables QA teams to create and manage test cases as well as to organize them into Test plans. Using TestLink, testers can execute test cases and track test results dynamically.
To install TestLink we need the following components on the WAMP Stack:
Apache HTTP Web server
There are packages that pack all the necessary dependencies stated above to ease the install process, for example, the XAMPP application package bundle.
Clone TestLink Instance from GitHub
TestLink dev instance cloned from GitHub Repository. (https://www.testingdocs.com/testlink-dev-instance-from-github/)
- WebServer installation for example Apache.
- PHP Installation on Windows.
- Install Database for example MySQL.
- Load PHP in Web Server.
- Configure and enable MySQL extensions in PHP.
- Download and copy TestLink to the Apache server.
- Start the MySQL server and create a Testlink database.
- Start the Apache server.
Load Web Installer
Load the Web installer from the browser. ( for example on URL: http://localhost/testlink/install/index.php ) as shown.
New Installation Steps:
- Acceptance of TestLink License
- Verification of System & Configuration Requirements.
- Definition of Database Access.
- Create TestLink Database, Testlink DB User, Tables, and data.
- Create a configuration file.
- Verify and continue TestLink Install.
- TestLink login.
Click on the New Installation link. Read and Accept the License Agreement.
Click Continue to configure the database details. You may need to provide the root credentials and user credentials that have access to the Testlink database.
TestLink setup will setup the database and completes the install procedure.
You can start using TestLink by clicking on the TestLink link as shown in the picture.
TestLink Login Page
Alternative Install Options
Alternatively, we can deploy the Bitnami WAMP stack. Bitnami WAMP Stack provides a fully-integrated and ready to run a WAMP environment.
TestLink application cloud VM image packaged from Bitnami. Using the cloud image we can skip all the steps on this page.
CPanel Hosting Platform
To install TestLink via CPanel Hosting Platform:
Fixing Common Errors
Logs and Upload_area Failed! Error fix on Windows: